About this boat
This one-of-a-kind 16’ flat bottom skiff was built by G. Curtis “Curt” Whiticar in 1922. He built it in his backyard of his rental cottage in Stuart. Curt’s family first came to Stuart area in 1917 with his parents, Addison and Kate Whiticar and two brothers, Andrew and Jack. In 1947, Curt founded the Whiticar Boat Works which still provides marine services today. He lived to be 106 years old and by the time of his death March 17, 2017, he had built more than 60 boats.